All Types of Visa Applicants
New Zealand Immigration Medical Examination and Health assessments of the New Zealand visa applicants in Bangladesh are conducted by the International Organization for Migration (IOM) at the Migration Health Assessment Center in Dhaka.
- Dr.Billal Hossein (Male)
- Dr.Sonia Arifa (Female)
- Dr. Dr A K M Mushfiqur Rahman Faruq (Male)
Appointments and Information
Working hours: 08:30 – 17:00, Sunday through Thursday, except IOM holidays
Phone numbers: Dhaka: +88 0171 348 1798
What to bring to the health assessment
- Passport. Photocopies will not be accepted.
- Please bring necessary communication about your visa type to ascertain your medical requirement as per the New Zealand Immigration (please find below link)
- E-Medical examination fee per person BDT 7150 for adult, BDT 2850 for children 11-14 years and BDT 2600 for children <11 years. Only Chest X-ray-BDT 2300.The fees do not include any additional investigations, specialist referrals which may be required to establish or clarify a diagnosis. Sputum tests for tuberculosis (TB) and TB treatment.
- Previous chest X-rays, if available.
- If you suffer or have suffered from any chronic condition or underwent major medical or surgical treatment, please bring medical records or hospital reports. Insufficient information may lead to delays and additional testing.
Children under 16 years must be accompanied by a parent or a legal guardian, who can sign and take decisions on their behalf.
Advice regarding the health assessment:
- For your medical examination you will be asked to wear examination gown during medical examination and while taking X-Ray.
- We ensure chaperone (usually nurse) to be present during your physical examination if you are examined by physician of opposite sex.
- Do not conceal medical conditions. Deliberate attempts to hide them will be reported to the Australian High Commission.
- Do not conceal pregnancy. Pregnancy will not affect your immigration prospects.
- Note that as your whole body will be examined except private parts, please maintain proper hygiene.
- Postpone or re-schedule your appointment if you or your child is acutely ill with a high fever or rash.
- If you use glasses or contact lens, bring them to the health assessment.
Your medical report
The result of the examination will be forwarded directly by the panel physician to the New Zealand Immigration through e-Medical.