The strategic objective of the migration governance initiative is to achieve full benefit of migration through planned, well managed and well governed migration policies and services.
- Government to Government agreements with destination countries
- Regional consultative process
- Migration Governance Framework for Bangladesh
- Immigration and Border Management
- Policy initiatives – comprehensive return and reintegration policy; remittance management policy
- Mainstreaming Migrants in Countries of Crisis (MICIC) and Migration Crisis Operational Framework (MCOF) in Bangladesh
- Adopt ‘whole of government’ approach in improving and strengthening overall migration governance in the country
- Focus on incorporating migrant-centred rights based approach in policy formulation and implementation
- Strengthen evidence based policy development in Bangladesh
- Enhance capacity of government functionaries for better policy formulation and for effective migration management services
- Improved capacity of the Government of Bangladesh to strengthen migration management and governance in line with international and regional frameworks including the MiGOF
Read the Bangladesh Migration Governance Framework for more information.