In this current stage of globalization, people are increasingly on the move within and across borders to meet social, economic and environmental challenges. Population mobility has health implication both for migrants and for those they leave behind. Migration often makes migrants more vulnerable to health risks. This may constitute an important and growing challenge to achieving the health targets, including the HIV/AIDS target set by the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs).
In line with the WHO resolution on the health of migrants, IOM takes a comprehensive rights based approach to promote the health of migrants. Migration health also takes into consideration the social determinants for health that influence communicable and non-communicable diseases.
Migrants and mobile populations benefit from an improved standard of physical, mental and social wellbeing, which enables them to substantially contribute towards the social and economic development of their home communities and host societies.
With this regard, IOM Bangladesh conducts Migration Health Assessments for Bangladeshi migrants and provides a package of services that involve a Health assessment, Vaccination, DNA sampling service, TB diagnostic and treatment at the Migration Health Assessment Centre (MHAC) in Dhaka and Sylhet.
- Other services available at the IOM clinics
- Education Malaysia Global Services (EMGS): student visa applicants
- Directly Observed Therapy (DOT): IOM DOT center is the only approved center in Bangladesh for TB treatment of immigrants. Service for UK, US, Australia, Canada and New Zealand bound visa applicants diagnosed as TB are treated here under the approval of National Tuberculosis Programme(NTP) Bangladesh.
- Sputum Analysis Service for Tuberculosis for AUS/CAN/NZ/ UK/US cases.
- Chest Clinic investigation and work up for AUS/CAN/NZ cases
- DNA sample collection service: IOM Dhaka offers sample collection service for DNA testing to applicants as per the request from Italy, UK, Ireland, Canada, New Zealand and Australian Embassies and Laboratories.
- Make an appointment
- For SYLHET: USA-01777761309; UK-01713066230; DNA-01713065513;
- For DHAKA: USA/Australia/Canada/New Zealand-01713481798, 01777761309; UK/Malaysia-01713066230; DNA-01713067840; or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be aware that new screening measures have been put into place at IOM clinics. These measures have been taken to protect your health and the health of others, in light of the ongoing outbreak of the novel Coronavirus.
For any other query please email directly to email@example.com.